Thursday, May 8, 2014

Fun Free Crochet Pattern - Citrus Coasters

While perusing the Internet earlier today, I happened across a pattern for a scrumptious looking grapefruit coaster. I'm not huge into making potholders, coasters, or dish clothes out of yarn, because how many do I need? I just got married last year and have plenty of towel type items. Do I need tropical fruit shaped coasters? Probably not need... The functional, plain black plastic ones work. Except drinks sweat like crazy in the heat and the black ones just pool water under my cup. I knew when I saw the grapefruit coaster pattern, these would be fun, functional and fabulous.

My Citrus Coasters

Instead of making all grapefruit, I decided to go with various citrus fruits. I ended up with a grapefruit, a lime, a lemon and a blood orange. I'm dreaming of cold, citrus drinks just looking at them. And how cute would these be for a margarita party? I made mine with 100% cotton yarn. It will soak up the water and still hold the shape it is in.
Image from Daisy Cottage Designs


These are a great beginner crochet project or they are a great way to use up some of the yarn you probably have sitting around. I rummaged through my cotton stash and found I had just the right colors between my leftovers and bargain finds. My favorite might still be the grapefruit, but I am loving the blood orange too! Go visit Daisy Cottage Designs and check out Lauren's blog with lots of fun crochet patterns. Look for her Etsy shop and Facebook page too. I see a lot of cute patterns by Lauren.  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment