Friday, August 22, 2014

Free Pattern Friday

College kids are on the way back to school too! I ran across this adorable cloche hat pattern by Hopefully Honey a couple weeks ago and just loved it. I decided to make one for myself and share the pattern link with all of you. I think this would make a wonderful gift for someone going away or currently enrolled in college.

The pattern calls for a bulky yarn (5) and here I thought I had some yarn in my stash that would work so well! The blue hat is made with Lion Brand Homespun Anniversary Edition yarn in Lagoon. I love the colors, but the funky texture of the yarn made it so hard to work with on this project. The hat is a bit floppy (hence the wobbly looking hat in the picture), but when I have it on looks just fine. This one is all mine for the upcoming winter. After all that work I can't part with it. 


So I made another one. This gorgeous lavender colored hat. And I love it too. The yarn was a super bulky (6) sized yarn so it is nice and stiff following the directions, although I did leave a row or two out as it was getting too long with the thicker yarn. It will be so very warm! This was made with Lion Brand Hometown USA in Seattle Sea Mist. 


I used a different flower pattern to embellish the purple hat. The original flower is lovely, but I love this free flower pattern from A Morning Cup of Jo. I'll use any excuse to make one. Since I really can't wear two hats at once, this one is up for grabs in my Etsy shop. 


No comments:

Post a Comment